The Hazelnut House in the country of Luxembourg is sponsoring a “Tea Time as with Jane Austen” on March 26, 2022 at 1:30 – 4:30. Cost is €194.
The event is in German.
The cost includes a baking workshop with TV cook and culinary author Theresa Baumgärtner.
Additional activies include:
- A warm welcome to Hazelnut House by the hostess
- Walk through the spring garden and collection of edible violets and blossoms
- Tea Time under the white blossoming trees of Hazelnut House and reading excerpts from Jane Austen’s famous work
- Recipes are included
The event has a limited number of seats and is filling up fast. Check out Hazelnut House’s event page for more information.
Not much as been released yet but the Jane Austen Summer Program at UNC is coming back for 2022! This will be the first in-person event since 2019’s Pride & Prejudice & Its Afterlives.
I’ll keep you updated as news is released!
December 5 – April 10, 2022
November 2 – December 7
November 7 – April 10, 2022
October 3 – April 10, 2022
October 5 – 7
October 13 – November 17
October 15 – 17
The 2020 Bronte conference on Anne Bronte will now take place on September 4, 2021.
From the event website:
The conference will celebrate the life and work of Anne Brontë in her bicentenary year, and presents an ideal opportunity to challenge the long-held perception that the youngest Brontë sibling was the least talented, and lacked the genius of her sisters.
The plenary speakers are:
- Professor Kathryn Hughes, literary journalist, historian, and Guardian columnist
- Jane Sellars MBE, co-author of the seminal study The Art of the Brontes
- £40 Adult
- £35 Bronte Society Members
- £20 16-25 years old/people in receipt of Personal Independence Payment and people in receipt of a means-tested benefit
The conference ticket allows access to all the conference sessions between 9am and 8pm on Saturday 4 September.
Visit the event website for more information.
September 10 – 19
- Jane Austen and the Art of Social Distancing (UK)
- Jane Austen’s House Virtual Tour (Virtual)
September 19 – April 10, 2022
Sundays with Jane Eyre (Virtual)