If you listen to podcasts, you may like Bonnets At Dawn, a podcast that should be the theme song for Excessively Diverting as it’s about, you guessed it, Austen AND Brontë. The podcast is available only on Sound Cloud (link below) and not on Apple podcasts so I keep forgetting to tune in. If you have taken a listen, let me know what you think!
Based in the Melbourne, AU area, Ruccis Circus has put together a hula hoop act, performing to Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush, on, well, Wuthering Heights.
A Brazilian record company, Casadepau Records, has recently released “Heathcliff,” a rap ode to one of our favorite brooding (anti)heroes.
Here are your Jane Austen and Bronte sisters related links for the week:
- Five surprising facts about Jane Austen – Catholic Canada
- ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’ Co-Creator Updates ‘Jane Eyre’ With Graphic Novel – The Hollywood Reporter
- A Secret Sisterhood by Emily Midorikawa and Emma Claire Sweeney – A Review – Quatro Knows
- The tragic link between Jane Eyre author and Antrim hamlet – Belfast Telegraph
- Celebrations of Jane Austen providing tourism boost to Basingstoke – Basingstoke Gazette
- Rise in visitors put down to Jane Austen effect – Basingstoke Observer
- Sentiments of Jane Austen echoed in loveless relationship of Charles and Diana – Belfast Telegraph
- All About Jane: Celebrating 200 Years of Jane Austen at Ridgefield Library – Ridgefield’s Hamlet Hub
- Jane Austen Historical Sites Crank Up Appeals for Funds – Information Today
- Jane Austen News – Issue 81 – Jane Austen Centre
- Issue 19: The First Brazillian Translations – Jane Austen Literacy Foundation
- ‘I read my boyfriend Pride and Prejudice as a bedtime story’: meet the Jane Austen superfans – The Guardian