It’s that time of year again when many gift-giving holidays have arrived and you may be stuck on what to get your literary fan in your life. And sometimes it’s especially hard if they are an Austen or Bronte fan. What do you do? You peruse the following list for ideas from candles and jewelry to clothing and clocks. Whether they are an Austen or Bronte fan, there is something for everyone from ages 8 to 80.
I heartily recommend Brookish, Storiarts, Out of Print Clothing, and Pembertea as I have purchased their products over the years and found them to be of great quality. I have also bought products from Society6 and Zazzle before and their products tend to be fairly well made. One cannot go wrong with memberships to either JASNA or the Bronte Society. But any of the following products and services would be a delight to any literary lover.
Note: I have checked for last dates of delivery times in the US for the holiday season but it is your responsibility to check with the seller before purchase to make sure you’ll get it in time.
- A membership to JASNA
- A membership to the Bronte Society
- A gift from the Jane Austen Centre gift shop
- A gift from the Bronte Parsonage shop
- Brookish on Etsy has a wonderful selection of hand-lettered mugs, sweatshirts and t-shirts, notecards, and more! The last date for US delivery is December 16.
- Storiarts has a wonderful collection of Austen AND Bronte inspired gifts including infinity scarfs, headbands, and writing gloves. As of this writing, they are currently having a sale of 15% off but if they are not having a sale, you can use the code Austen15 at checkout.1
- Another fun gift is the Pembertea subscription box! Pembertea is a monthly subscription box for all things Austen. Each monthly box is themed and includes tea (of course), gifts, and trinkets related to that month’s theme. They also sell mugs, clothing, and blankets! Each subscription box is about $40 USD a month. I reviewed the boxes over here.
- Another fun store for all of your literary geekdom is Out of Print Clothing! I’ve been buying from them for years and the quality never disappoints. They carry t-shirts, bags, socks, sweatshirts, and other literary gifts. I have the most adorable pencil pouch from them. Not only do they have Jane Austen and Bronte (Charlotte and Emily (poor Anne!)) inspired gifts, but they also carry a gamut of authors such as Ray Bradbury to F. Scott Fitzgerald. You can see the complete list of authors here. (If you click on the ad in the right sidebar, you get $5 off your order at Out of Print clothing!)
- Jane Austen’s Office has a wide range of gifts from clocks to cellphone covers to mugs and clothing.
- Society6 has a large array of Jane Austen and Bronte gifts.
- Amazon US, of course, has books, DVDs, clothing, and more for Austen and Bronte alike.
- We can’t forget Etsy (Austen, Bronte) which has candles, make-up, and more
- There is also Zazzle (Austen, Bronte)
- Uncommon Goods (Austen, Bronte) has socks, mugs, and pillows (I have been gifted the Austen AND Bronte mugs and I love them so).
- The Literary Gift Company has Charlotte Bronte, Emily Bronte, and Jane Austen inspired mugs, jewelry, and soap to name a few things!
- Novel Creations repurposes books into purses and clutches
Have a happy holidays!
1. Earlier this year, in lieu of payment for advertising (as seen in the right sidebar), Storiarts sent me a few items such as a Pride and Prejudice book scarf and Poe’s The Raven writing gloves. I have yet to review them (but that is upcoming) but for full disclosure, I receive no compensation for any purchase you may buy.